Columns

Recent Posts

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving for 3+

Thanksgiving 2012 for the Kingstons was spent in Williston. Scott's company, Vision Oil Tools, puts together a company dinner and my lovely husband volunteered me to help cook and get everything ready. 

Which actually turned out to be quite nice. 

Jack and I went to staff house five - an old church renovated into a very large house. It's beautiful. So we baked pies and cut up potatoes Wednesday night.

Thursday Jack and I went back to the house and helped get the rest of the fixin's ready. We served 60+ people that day. 

Sometimes its hard for me to be away from the family I grew up with. I missed Thanksgiving at my aunt Sheila's house and the company that comes with that. I missed going to my brother's place and I missed seeing my grandparents. 

This Thanksgiving I was thankful for knowing and experiencing that family extends farther than our blood ties. I am grateful for sweet, caring people who are ever-welcoming of Jack and I. And that no matter where we were in the world, I got to spend that day loving on and showing off my sweet boy and then snuggling with my husband. 

I am blessed beyond measure and am so grateful for where we are and everything we have been given. 



Jack LOVED this little four year old. Brody was showing Jack one of his toys. Jack would watch his every move. 


A lot of the guys who had to work Thanksgiving were away from their families. Both of these have little ones of their own at home and were suficing their kid need by playing with Jack. This is my favorite picture of the day :)

My little gremlin decided he would take this day and start crawling up on things. 
And then we tried to take a nap.
It didn't work out too well. 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Jack's cheeks are looking so smoochable. Your pies look yummy.

I understand being away from family traditions. They have been hit and miss for me over the past 17 yrs. I made up my mind a while back that I would just start new traditions for my little family.

We had Gpa with us on Thanksgiving and that was it. John commented that he missed having other kids to be with. That made me feel bad because I knew that back in IA, everyone would be together and there would have been lots of kids to play games with. Sometimes the amount of time we have for holidays just doesn't fit with the time it takes to travel.

Glad you had an enjoyable day and everyone enjoyed Jack.

Kate said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your little family!

Post a Comment