Columns

Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Five months of Jack

Well, little boy, you're almost a half of a year old. As cliche as this is, it seems that you've been attached to my hip and coming grocery shopping with me forever and yet for such a short time. You have made me want to pull my hair out, yes. But I feel like the lucky girl in high school who gets to hang out with the cutest boy in town. I never shy away from the oohs and awws that you get. I just soak them in and think, "Yes, I DO have the most handsome little man, thank you." I love you.

Weight 
I'm thinking about 22 pounds. Give or take.

Diapers 
Size 3

Hair
Little boy hairs all over. I love to spike your hair up. Can't wait until more comes in. 

Clothes
Pretty much anything 6 months +. Today I bought you a 12-18 month winter jacket and it was too small...

This months firsts
>You found your feet earlier thing month. First the right foot, then a week later the left. Now you're eating them. Daddy bet me that you would never get your foot in your mouth because of your tubby belly. You showed him. 

>You're a rolling machine. 
>Laying down is for the birds. You want to sit up all the time, but are too wobbly yet. I think it's a ply for you to get your mama to hang out with you on the floor all day. 
>One tiny top of a little tooth is popping out. And boy, is it making you angry and oh so crabby. 
>Eating! You tolerate rice and oatmeal cereal.

You are also sleeping through the night like a stinkin' champ. You wake up in the middle of the night usually, but after a few weeks of getting up to get you a bottle, I realized that you will fall asleep on your own. So I just leave you be and you fall back asleep. You've been going to bed around 8:30-9:30 p.m. and sleeping until 6:30 a.m. Your dad and I really appreciate this :)

You like
>Your mama. You eye me the whole time someone else has you. 
>Watching the sprinklers or the news with your daddy in the mornings. You love your daddy so much. 
>Your little elephant that sings to you. You get the biggest smile when I pull the string. 

You don't like

>Being on your tummy too long.
>The fact that you can't MOVE. You pull your legs up under your butt and try so, so hard but those darn arms just don't know their job  yet. 

Mom loves

>When you and daddy were waiting for me in the driveway after my run the other day. The. Best. 
>When you sit on the counter and help me cook by holding the bag of cheese :)
>When you giggle and then breathe in and squeak.

Dad loves
>Mornings with you. 
>Holding you like an airplane.
>Giving you "Shack kisses."



1 comments:

katie ridings said...

awh getting chubby :) looks like he is right on track!! what a cute doggy. i bet he is soft!!

Post a Comment