Columns

Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yoga, again

So I haven't done yoga in, umm, 12 months. From the time I found out I was pregnant and was too sleepy to do anything but eat apparently.

Tonight was the first night back in and, boy, did it feel good.

What I love about it:
-relaxation
-STRETCHING (I love, love, love it)
-flexibility (or the flexibility I hope to regain)
-mindfulness, of my body and what I put into it and my sleep and just the core of me as a human (that sounds so cheesy but it's so true)
-it's not running (I hate running, I've tried to love it, I just can't)

I hope I can continue with this. Tonight I did an evening practice from yogaflo.com. I've been so, so tired lately that my face just hurts. Now, my face hurts a little less.

I wasn't too sure how it was all going to work with baby Jack here and all the attention he thinks he needs, but he did really well while I practiced. I think he was mostly wondering what in the world his mama was doing and why she was moving all strange-like.

It's been 15 minutes and I can still feel it on me. I kind of want to do another 30 minutes. Just the fact that I got up and DID something makes me feel good. I've been so stinking terrible lately. I owe it to Jack and Scott to be healthy and look and feel my best and have energy for them, but mostly I owe it to myself. I'm me again (with a "mama" added to my title) after lending my body to my baby. I love yoga, and I need to remember to do the things I love too.

Here's a little picture to make this post adorable:




2 comments:

twentyfivedesignblog.com said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love when readers come out of "hiding" to say hi :)
For the chickpea salad; I don't have exact measurements, but I can give you what I put in it. 2 cans of chickpeas, black olives, tomatoes, fresh basil, purple onions (I didn't put those in this time though), olive oil, lemon juice, white vinegar, half of italian seasoning pack, pepper, and a scoop of dijon mustard. I think that's it, but just experiment with it. :)

P.S. your little man is so cute! I'm glad I have another blog to follow now!

twentyfivedesignblog.com said...

Me again lol.

I found another chickpea recipe and just made it. http://bit.ly/SJXs5p

It is so good. It's spicy, but good!

Post a Comment