Columns

Recent Posts

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Three & four months of Jack



Weight 
19 lbs 10 oz. Back on the charts! (Before we were over the 100 percentile. Now we are about 90-93%)

Diapers 
Size 3

Hair
Your little boy hairs are coming in! Some of the hair on top is an inch or so long. You have one hair that is about three inches long, though! It's really funny. But there are all of these short spikey hairs coming in and they are soooooo cute :) Your old man hair is slowly going away and the bald spot on the back is disappearing. 

Clothes
Officially out of 0-3 months. Anything from 3-9 months fit right now. And you're in 12 month for the snug-fit boy jammies that are so darn adorable. The glow-in-the-dark dinosaur ones are my favorite. You look so handsome in green. I'm searching all the internet for the perfect winter hat. I think I've found it on Etsy. I'm so excited for fall and to dress you in warm clothes and boots :)  

This months firsts
>You're talking up a storm! It's the sweetest thing and you are so darn SERIOUS about it.
>Eating your hands. Sometimes you gag on them, you have them in there so far. Oh, and daddy taught you to suck your thumb. You're good at it 
>You rolled over!! Just a few times from your tummy to your back, but you did it!
>We took your first trip to Wisconsin to see grandpa and grandma.
>You smile and giggle all the time! It makes me so happy. Sometimes you laugh and I think you dont know what's happening because you squeak and catch your breath :)

>Oh, and this. So you think you're funny sometimes when you decide to pee with your diaper off and shoot mama. Well, the other day you peed and you shot it straight up and it got you all over! Not so funny when you're on the receiving end, huh? :)

You like
Riding around and being with mama. You are in the kitchen cooking with me, watching me get ready in the morning and helping me fold laundry. 
Being bombed into pillows by daddy. 
Looking at yourself in the mirror.  :)
Tickles.
Taking baths. 
Playing on your tummy. 

You don't like

Playing too long on your play mat. You get SO frustrated with that thing. 
Being ignored. 

Mom loves

When someone else has you and you just keep your eye on me, giving me this sly little smile. I'm so glad you know and recognize me. It's such a wonderful feeling. 
When you burry your face in my neck. 
Morning smiles. You are so happy in the mornings. Basically anytime you smile or laugh at me. 
Watching you and dad play. 
When all three of us crawl back into bed in the morning. Nothing sweeter.

Dad loves
When you rub your eyes when your sleepy. 

Wrestling around with you. 


We had a poopy diaper incident so these are the best we could do :)

I am reminded every morning that you're growing up when you're heavier and heavier to lift out of your bed. Although I miss you as a tiny baby I love ev est adventure yet. We love you, Mama and Daddy bes

6 comments:

Linda said...

My how he's grown! Still a cutie!!

Watch the thumb sucking. It can be a habit that will be hard to break. And if they suck their thumb too much it can affect how the teeth come in. My niece had a hard time breaking her thumb sucking habit and she was well into school age.

Erica Kingston said...

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about it. I'm hoping it'll pass once he stops putting everything into his mouth. It's not so much sucking as it is chewing on it.

emily said...

He sure has grown, but is cuter than ever! The picture of him with his head on his puppy is precious!

shanadawn said...

Plus it's kind of cute:)

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love the blanket in the background too.

Kate said...

I love reading and comparing our monthly updates. I've finally found some time to catch up on your blog, you're writing is beautiful and so is your little boy.

Post a Comment