Columns

Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Size three and some shoes


I bought a box of size 2 diapers three weeks ago. Jack recently graduated to numero dos and I figured why not stock up. 

Today I'm returning the unopened box. For a different box. Size three. 

My baby is growing and healthy. "Healthy" is what the kind people say about him to me instead of, "Hey, your baby is HUGE." I am truly blessed and thank God for this so-close-to-perfect child. 

But every time I linger a little too long before moving up a size in diapers. I think that maybe if I move it around a little, reposition it, and it'll fit better. But once again, my baby has graduated onto another stage. This time, size three dipes. A high school diploma next. 

Today we are going into town to hang out with my best friend Lisa. Jack will be wearing the little baby size two sandals she bought for him. Another milestone that tugs at my heart. When I tried those shoes on him three months ago, his foot disappeared. Now, they are a bit snug. 

Jack, You'll never know how much I love you until you have a baby of your own. Your smile bursts my heart open. It is one of the greatest joys in my life. I can't wait until you're crawling around and walking and talking my ear off. But all that can wait a little while longer. I love you right now, squirming around on the floor in your dino jambes, talking gibberish to no one in particular. Slow down, sweet boy. THere is no hurry. Love, Your mama

1 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! Jack is in size 3 already? Thats impressive.

Post a Comment