Columns

Recent Posts

Friday, February 10, 2012

Kingston version of Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day, as we all know,  is approaching quickly. 

When I give gifts, I like to try to find something funny and quirky. Especially for V-day, which is a holiday that doesn't warent a too thought-out present. So, for my spouse, better half, love of my life, hubby, sometimes pain in my butt (whaaat? did I say that?!) - whatever you want to call him, I found this lovely 4 pound can o' cherries :) Because sometimes (all the time) he lets his girly side out and wants cherries in his drinks. (He also got some Sugar Daddy boxers, (because he IS my sugar daddy :) and some candy.)


Scott, on the other hand, is a practical man. Romantic is not necessarily a quality I'd put high up on his list of characteristics. For our first Valentine's Day together I did get a dozen roses... so did my sister and mom. I think he was trying to get in good with the ladies of the house. But,  nonetheless they were greatly welcomed and appreciated.

BUT, before you go thinking I was maybe wrong with my admittance of his non-romantic-ness, my gift from him for our first Christmas together was a pair of hunting boots. Nice and insulated to solve the problem of my constant cold toes when we go out hunting. Practical. Logical. Scott. 

SO, this year for Valentine's Day, my lovely husband spent his time, expertise and money on finding me a nice... deer rifle!!! (Not so sure if it was because of the holiday, or that he remembered that V-day was even in February, but I like to just assume it was a nice way to say for him to say, "I loveeee you, huney" on this love holiday.) 


So when we were in Minot after our Scott-proclaimed "honeymoon" in Velva, N.D. (a complete other story), we got to go to the gun store and pick up my very own Browning a-bolt 22-250. The scope will come in later. I must say, I am very pleased! Now for next year's deer hunting season, my sister and I will each have our own guns (no sharing or barrowing for us!). And we won't mix up our shells... a problem Scott THINKS we sisters might find ourselves in. 

No chocolate, flowers or teddy bears for this girl. Just a means for this mama to bring home her OWN bacon :)

Happy Valentine's Day, huney butt - I love you and the gifts you come up with.
xoxo, 
-e

0 comments:

Post a Comment