Columns

Recent Posts

Friday, February 24, 2012

Week 32


I've been spoiled the past two weeks with nice photos taken by my lovely
sister, Lindsay Anderson!


How far along: 32 weeks  (not too long after my last post, but I'm trying to get back on track)

Days to due date: 56 days!

Total weight gain: Up 28 pounds. 
---My belly has always been bigger than normal (when they measure my uterus from the pubic bone up to how high the fundus, or tip of my uterus is) - it actually works out to normally be the number if inches = the number of weeks you are. This week is it 34 inches, when I'm only 32 weeks along. Reason for this jumbled explanation? I'm chalking the extra pounds to my fatter-than-normal belly :) Don't judge, it makes me feel better. 

Maternity clothes: Yes. Sweatpants are a savior. 

Sleep: Umm, pretty good for the most part. I stayed at my sister's for a few days and had her cat sleeping by our heads purring all night... that was slightly annoying (and a little cute at the same time). And the past few days I've seemed to catch some sort of cold that keeps my nose and chest congested as well as a nice sore throat, so I've been sleeping sitting up and trying not to cough. 

Best moment this week: Well, I have a few. It's been a really nice week. I got to stay with my sister in Fargo and see our cousins (Tanya let me give William, now 2 months old, a bath and that was pretty darn cute and fun and made me homesick for my own unborn baby... a strange, sweet feeling), as well as our aunt, uncle and other cousins, our other uncle, and my grandparents - everyone liked checking out my large belly. Then I came to the farm and spent the night at my mama's, showing her all the baby things we got at the baby shower and talking about the North Dakota baby shower next week. It's been a while since I've seen my husband, though.... 

What I miss: Sleeping normal! And unswollen hands, ankles and feet. AND life without this disgusting cold. 

Movement: Yepp. Sometimes it feels kind of strange (and his hiccups honestly sort of weird me out with their consecutive little movements, I know I should just love them, but that's one thing I don't) but I know I'll miss this personal little show that he give to only me. 
----I was up in the middle of the night the other day because of this cold and the only good part about it was laying on the couch with my computer light shining on my belly watching it move and swoosh all around :) That alone makes this sickness worth it. 

Food cravings: Nothing. Well, maybe chocolate milk. Baby K has just been soaking up all my food, it seems. So I eat only little bits at a time, but often. 

Making me queasy: Nothing.

Starting to show: My mom says she can't believe how "huge" I am. Thanks mom, ha! She said she doesn't remember being this big ever during her pregnancies. 

Gender: A sweet baby boy. 

Happy or moody: I've actually been a little snippy this week. I seem to have lost patience for anything. 

Things I've been experiencing this week: I think I've mentioned it all already. 

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing my husband. 

Size of baby: A squash:



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't be too big if you are wearing the same little dress from early pregnancy until now! :) You look great! I gauge my gain based on the fact that I can still wear the same maternity work pants from early pregnancy and they aren't obscene looking.

And I know the upper respiratory symptoms all too well... I hope you feel better soon!

When I see other babies, I spend a lot of time picturing what Riley looks like or what she will be like. I definitely cannot wait to meet her!

Post a Comment