Columns

Recent Posts

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Week 30


I promise, I do wear more shirts than just this tank all the time :P
How far along: 29 weeks 6 days

Days to due date: 72 days :)

Total weight gain: 25 pounds as of this week's doctor appointment (Since weight gain in a woman who is of "normal" size is 25-35 lbs, my number has prompted me to really, really be conscious of what I eat these last few weeks.)

Maternity clothes: Motherhood had a buy one get one half off on jeans, so I got 2 new pairs that actually fit over my belly and are comfy. Those and my sweatpants have been wonderful to me this week. 

Sleep: Very, very frustrating. I've had to fall asleep on the couch because it's the only comfortable position...

Best moment this week: It was really fun to see a bunch of friends we hadn't seen in a while at the Superbowl party (and for them to see me big and pregnant :). 
And we stayed in Minot at a hotel one night and I got to go swimming for the first time while pregnant. Putting on that bikini was a lot more amusing than I thought and I loved sporting my huge belly :)
And having the husband home, of course.  

What I miss: Sleep. And core strength. 

Movement: Still a lot - kicks, punches, rolls, little appendages and heads poking out, hiccups. 

Food cravings: I've now decided that I'm in control of these little cravings. I need to watch what I eat and be more responsible in this area. 

Making me queasy: Nothing in particular but I've been having bouts of sickness throughout the days. 

Starting to show: Oh mama, yes. 

Gender: Sweet baby boy. 

Happy or moody: Been slightly frustrated and edgy. 

Things I've been experiencing this week: Well, I found out I failed the glucose test :( By three stinking points (you're supposed to be 130 and I was 133.) So I took the more conclusive, three hour glucose test (the inside of my elbow was swollen and painful, not sure what's up with that, this has never happened before) and passed with flying colors. Thank you, Jesus!
  • Oh, and I'm slightly anemic. Nothing to worry about though, it sounds. Just another (iron) pill to pop. 
  • My dreams have been strange. Very strange. 
  • Although my sleeping is sporadic, when I do get to sleep I sleep hard. Sliver lining...
  • My belly has now become a food, water and drips-from-the-spatula catcher. 
What I'm looking forward to: This week I've really just wanted to meet this little baby inside me who has already given me so much joy and caused me so much discomfort :P I've started putting together a hospital bag and signing up for labor and breastfeeding classes - I'm ready to be done being pregnant. 

Size of baby: A cucumber:


2 comments:

shanadawn said...

I went to Motherhood today and got the same deal:)!! Hang in there mama, we are both so close to meeting these little lives we have created! And remember when you are tired crabby or just plain not comfy I'm right there with you so you're not alone!!

Anonymous said...

It's cool to watch what you eat, but remember you are still within the healthy range. If you gain .5-1 lb a week from here on out, you will be within the 25-35 lb range that doctors give by the time you give birth. Every woman is different, too! This is a crucial time during your baby's development - the third trimester is a super important one for brain development (the most important one!). :) As long as you are eating well and staying semi-active, I doubt you have anything to worry about. Plus you are ALL belly, missy! :) Looking good. Can't believe we are 10 weeks away from our due dates!

Post a Comment