Columns

Recent Posts

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 29




How far along: 28 weeks 6 days

Days to due date: 78 days :)

Total weight gain: Guessing 23-24 pounds.

Maternity clothes: Yes ma'am. Although I've been trying to live in sweats as much as possible. Even my maternity jeans are just not that comfortable. 

Sleep: It's been a trying week for this category. It's been difficult with the waking up a million times to either pee or switch from side to side because of hip or shoulder discomfort. I'm definitely looking forward to having a "normal" body again so when I do get sleep, it's comfortable. 

Best moment this week: I was laying in bed with my shirt pulled up above my belly and I noticed a nice little round protrusion to the right of my belly button. Baby boy moved around down there for a little bit and then decided to move (whichever part of his body) slowly up to my ribs :) It's so neat to see something like that and imagine just what he was doing and how he was moving.  

What I miss: I've started to miss some of my clothes. My belly is making most of my shirts too short. And I miss my husband... he was on days off but had to go back to work for a while. I'm looking forward to him being home again. 

Movement: Lots. I can tell he's getting bigger and stronger because he kicks mama quite hard at times. At least he's taken a rest to jabbing my ribs this week. 

Food cravings: Sweets, I suppose. It's not intense but I find myself wanting desert when we go out or something sweet after a meal at home. 

Making me queazy: Nothing in particular. But I've been feeling sick in the afternoons again... hope that morning sickness stuff isn't creeping back.

Starting to show: Quite. 

Gender: Sweet baby boy. 

Happy or moody: Happy :)

Things I've been experiencing this week: Just general discomfort. Sitting is good for breathing, but not for this tailbone pain. Laying on the couch is good for my tailbone but difficult for finding a good position for breathing right. Sleeping is equally as trying. Standing and walking feel good, but only last so long until I'm out of breath or need to take a rest. But... it's all worth it.

  • AND, my belly button has started to do a new weird thing. It's still an innie (barely hanging on), but now there is a little ridge along the edge, so it has become a little peek on my already bulging belly :)
  • AND, I've been having some wicked heartburn this week... right now I have it bad and Baby K has the hiccups. Such a hard life we have :)
What I'm looking forward to: My best friend's (and her fiance's) SuperBowl party on Sunday. I don't care a thing about the game, although I'll be rooting for which ever team is from New York, but I'm really excited to help Lisa get food ready. And to watch the commercials and half time show. And to have my hubby there with me :)

Size of baby: An acorn squash:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good -- so happy we are almost there! I think I will miss the movements, though. I'm definitely anxious to meet my baby, and can't wait to see all the blog babies -- like Jessica's, Kate's and yours :)

Post a Comment