Columns

Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Week 31







How far along: 31 weeks 4 days (very late in posting this)

Days to due date: 59 days :)

Total weight gain: Who knows. And who cares at this point. 

Maternity clothes: Need them. Tanks are getting too short :(

Sleep: Good this week. THANK YOU, JESUS!

Best moment this week: Getting to be with my sister for a few days. We took the train (our favorite form of transportation) to Wisconsin for Baby Shower #1, thrown by my mother-in-law. We came home with a  suitcase full of soft, snuggly outfits and other baby things :)

What I miss: Wearing my old clothes. I miss my normal jeans. 

Movement: Of course. Lots of swooshes, making mama have a lumpy stomach most the time :) It's fun to feel him up by my ribs and down in my pelvis at the same time. What a big boy. 

Food cravings: Nothing really. Just food - I feel like I eat and then just feel empty and hollow again a few hours later. It was hard to "eat good" in Wisconsin with the cake and other goodies. 

Making me queasy: Nothing.

Starting to show: Quite. Some say I look larger than a full term woman, while others say I'm "hiding it well." Again, who cares at this point. 

Gender: Sweet baby boy. 

Happy or moody: Pretty happy. 

Things I've been experiencing this week: It's been a pretty quiet week, and I'm not complaining. 

What I'm looking forward to: This next month being nice and busy: going shopping for wedding dresses with my bff, staying in Williston with my husband (missing him right now), breast feeding class that I wrangled my bestie into going with me to :), labor classes with the hubby and touring the birth place in the hospital and Baby Shower #2 in Gackle. 

Size of baby: A pineapple:

4 comments:

OfficialSarah said...

Glad to hear that you are doing the breast feeding - I know it is quite uncommon in the States. Here in Denmark (and Germany - but Denmark is even worse) everyone does it EVERYWHERE. Even I get embarrassed if I see a woman sitting there breast feeding her child in the middle of the mall but that's just how it is :)
For how long will you do it (if it works out as planned)? Here everyone does it for 6-12 months. Some even longer...

Love, Sarah

Sara said...

That's funny Sarah, I have fed my kids in the middle of the mall, COUNTLESS times...once you are a mom, you don't really think twice...something changes inside! Erica you are looking gorgeous!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Everyone says something different, but I think my VERY worst comment when I was preggo was this old guy...he looked at me and said "I don't think MY wife ever looked THAT bad"!!! My eyes must have grown about ten inches...:)

Erica Kingston said...

Sarah - I'm excited for the journey of breast feeding. Ideally, I'd like to say I'll breast feed our baby for a year. But I realize that things happen where that just doesn't work. My cousin wanted to breast feed longer, but her baby started needing so much food to stay full that it was just taking up soooo much time and she has another child as well as is going to school. So, I hope things go good for us - I'm happy I am in a situation that i can be a stay at home mom - maybe that will give me more time to devote to my plan of a long period of breast feeding.

Sara - Oh goodness! I would have started crying if someone said that to me! And I agree - I feel like women should be able to breast feed where ever they want! It's a necessary function for the baby. Everyone else can eat in public, my baby can too!

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of Sara's who read your blog! LOL

I'm planning to breastfeed for a year. I will have to go back to work after 12 weeks, but I plan on pumping at work and breastfeeding at night. :)

You look great... love the outfit! People say the most outlandish things to pregnant gals, don't they? Today I was telling a doctor at work how much it bugs me that this is the only time in a woman's life where it is "socially acceptable" to make comments about her body/weight gain/shape/etc. I told someone today that if they make one more comment about my size or belly, I am going to scream. I don't comment on your weight/girth, why would you think it's OK to comment on mine?!

Post a Comment