Columns

Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Tuesday with Jack

Scott went fishing with some buddies today, so it was just J bear and me at home. Sometimes things seem so hectic, and other times Jack is sound asleep and the house is quiet and still. 

I wanted to document a day in the life of Jack and I while he was still a fresh, new, newborn kiddo.  So here is what our Tuesday looked like in Jack's words (Don't like this darling, mushy gooshey, writing from a baby's point of view? Then skip this post because it might make you puke with it's cuteness):


May 1, 2012

I woke mom up every two hours last night because I was just oh-so hungry. She thought that was a little naughty of me. After she fed me at 6 a.m., daddy woke up to for his shift and let mom have an hour of undisturbed sleep. Once it gets light out, I'm up because the bright window catches my eye and I just can't stop staring at it.

I projectiled my milk all over daddy. Mom came to the rescue to change my jammies, blanket and diaper and clean me up. That felt good. 


I hung out in the chair while mom grabbed the dirty laundry. We have a lot of that around here. 

Tag started barking and we saw the mail lady was here. I got my first package in the mail from grandma Judy - the first of many, I think. She sent a swing for me to have at daddy's work. 

I fell asleep for a while on mom. When I woke up I had a good case of bed head. Mom loves my messy, just-woke-up hair. She thinks it looks like old man hair. 


 I had just woken up and was still a little groggy. Mom also loves my yawns. She's a sap. 


I remembered I was really hungry. So I started to try to eat my hand. I always forget that's not where milk comes from. 


Mom finally got on the ball after I squeaked and squawked a little. Sometimes a guy just has to be adramatic to make his point. 

Milk makes me sooooo sleepy. Sometimes it's all I can handle just to keep both eyes open. 


When mom pulls the bottle out of my mouth I am usually a mess. Milk on my chin, lips, neck... mom thinks it's just adorable but it's really just sticky. 


Mom tries to get me to belch, but sometimes I just dont want to. But when I do let a good, loud one loose, she congratulates me.

Since I didn't burp, she took me to my room for a diaper change. I needed it - there was a lot of pee in there. 

She laid me on my back and started to unbutton my awesome Batman shirt. All of a sudden I felt something bubbling in my belly and before I knew it, chunky milk was coming out my nose and mouth. Shooting out is more like it. It got all over Batman, my blanket and the basket of stuff mom uses to change me. So she stripped me down, finished changing my underpants, changed my clothes and set me on the chair so she could clean up. 

Then I spent some time in my swing. I love that thing. 


I got a little antsy so mom picked me up. She's way more comfortable anyway. Then I got tired again and started conking out. 


This is what mom sees while I'm laying on her, falling asleep:

 
 

Then she set me down so she could do the dishes. 




We did the bottle-burp-change-nap thing a few more times. Mom wrote some thank you letters, pumped for me (dang, that stuff is good), did laundry and finally got a shower in (she needed it).

She doesn't like me taking long naps later in the day, but when it starts getting dark out and I'm so cozy on the couch with her, it's really hard to stay awake. 

I woke up naked in the bathroom, laying on some towels. I was thinking, "What the...?!" I could hear the shower was on, it was really warm in there. Then I felt a nice warm washcloth rub over my head. I woke up enough to realize it was bath time. I like baths. 

It was really foggy in there. 
Mom got me all clean, wrapped me in a towel and combed my hair. She's obsessed with my hair. We went to my room and put on a diaper and my PJs. Then she gave me a nice warm bottle. She kept waking me up so I would finish that thing... it was annoying. 


Then she let me fall asleep again by snuggling me on the couch. Dad came home and woke me up a little when he took me from mom. We snuggled for a bit. Then we all headed to beddy-by. 
Today was a good Tuesday.


3 comments:

Linda said...

Jack you had the most entertaining day! Thank you for sharing it with us. You made me smile and chuckle several times. Your mommy is so lucky that you want to spend every two hours with her. I hope she realizes that the day will come when you won't want to spend even two hours with her. ;)

Happy May Day, little Jack!

Kate said...

So sweet!

emily said...

Love this! Sounds like a great day.

I'm glad he's sleeping well for you guys!

Post a Comment