Columns

Recent Posts

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The latest and greatest

So, we've finally found a routine around here. I've accepted (I think) that "home is where the heart is" - we spend more time in Williston (where husband works) than at home and that's okay. I like it here, Jack is happy here, we have everything we need and most importantly daddy, and hubby, is here. And us together is what it's all about. The only hangup? It's Williston. Whatev, I'll get over it.

(In case you were wondering what our little boomtown of Williston looked like. While listening to some dramatic music. Below is a link to a video of the Walmart parking lot... it's a strange place.)

But now that we are settled in as a family of three (as much as we can be) and I get to be a stay at home mama (so thankful for that), I need to set a routine for my day so I can be productive and not just get to things when I get to them. Because nothing gets done around here that way. 

Part of my process is going to be in my food consumption. Because mama likes her junk food. Before we got married I was doing so good - I was eating well, exercising (and enjoying it) and was at the lowest, healthiest weight I've ever been. Then I got knocked up. JK, Jack was a planned baby. But I got pregnant and I started feeling crappy and I started eating whatever my body wouldn't reject. And I just never got back on the band wagon. Now is the time, woman. I'd read the book Secrets to a Healthy Metabolism  (seriously recommended - it doesn't tell you what to do, it just gives you the information) and I started to understand what different types of foods do to our body. Basically, sugar is the devil. So the other day I found and bought this e-book on how to cut sugar out of your diet. I think I'm going to give it a try. 

Another part of this process is just to be organized. Oh yeah, have I told you my wonderful, loving, sweet, sweet man of a husband got me an iPhone for birthday?! Yep, I get my present early and it's coming in the mail tomorrow! I'm wayyyyy excited. But I've been checking out organization apps and I'm hoping it'll be helpful to sync things from my phone to my computer. Just so I can be less scatter brained and more efficient. I hate going to the store a million times a week. Especially here in Williston. Especially the Williston Walmart. (Haha! Williston really isn't that bad, I'm just being very dramatic. I actually truly love that we are a part of this oil boom and of this historical time for N.D.)

So that's the latest happenings here. Jack and I will be heading home to Washburn, N.D., for a few days for a visit from my bff Jackie. (Husband decided he wouldn't take his days off and will essentially be working 3 straight months. I'm ever grateful for my hard workin' man, but a few days of family vacation would be nice, too.) We'll be going to the Lewis & Clark Days activities and having some fun girl (and manly baby boy) time. Photos to come, I'm sure. I plan on becoming an Instagram junkie. 




1 comments:

emily said...

I need to work on being organized too. Meal plans would really help, but for some reason I hate doing them.

Glad you are able to spend some quality time with your husband!!

Post a Comment