Columns

Recent Posts

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 17

I looked quite hideous this evening... so it was hard to find a decent picture. Looking chubby...


How far along: 16 weeks 6 days

Total weight gain: 6 pounds

Maternity clothes: Leggings and long shirts mostly. My normal jeans are being squeezed into with a hair tie to secure the button and my belly band to hold them up... a little too much rigging.

Sleep: Good - been having the strangest dreams, not even about babies. Just weirdo things happening. Now that the time changed, (I might as well join everyone else complaining about it) I have been getting sleepy early because it's dark out and waking up early. Last night I fell asleep at 9 :)

Best moment this week: Trying to discern normal body movement from baby movement :) I just lay there concentrating on the little thing inside me. 

What I miss: Chugging a pot of coffee in the mornings.

Movement: YES!!! Everyone is right, it is the most lovely feeling. Can't wait for Scott to be able to feel them too. Now, even when Scott isn't home, I still get tickled while I'm laying on the couch :)

Food cravings: Everything. Sweets especially. I slurped up a teaspoon of brown sugar at my mom's this weekend because she didn't have any candy...

Making me queazy: Nothing... besides too much Chinese food the other night. But it was worth it.

Starting to show: Yeah, I think so. I'm definitely aware of my belly all the time.

Gender: Will know on Dec. 5!

Happy or moody: Happy!

Things I've been experiencing this week: Some pains in my abdomen I'm assuming is just from everything expanding. 
  • Note: This past weekend was deer season opener. So my sister and I went out hunting for three days. I had to be conscious to not do anything dumb like get too exhausted. Baby's (sort of) first hunt! Many more to come, I'm sure.
What I'm looking forward to: The next doctor's appointment to see our babe and get pictures and know further if everything is still going great. Scott will be coming to this one, so I'm really excited. 

Size of baby: The size of an onion.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I hope I'm lucky enough to feel something by next week! You should invest in some materity jeans, your waistline will thank you. Trust me!

SJ said...

you have baby boobs! :)

ms.composure said...

so awesome you went hunting with the baby!! LoL i am a new hunter...did you shoot anything?

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Erica Kingston said...

I didn't get anything :( It's the first time in 8 years that I haven't gotten my deer. Sad, sad day.... BUT my sister shot her first deer - a little button buck, so that was just as exciting!

Post a Comment