Columns

Recent Posts

Friday, January 27, 2012

Week 28 -- We're in the final trimester, baby!



How far along: 28 weeks 

Days to due date: 12 weeks 

Total weight gain: I'll guess 23+- pounds - I'll find out a solid number at next week's appointment. 

Maternity clothes: Of course. Normal shirts are starting to fit strange. 

Sleep: It's been difficult this week... Two nights this week I stayed with Scott in his shack on an oil rig location and we got to sleep on the worst twin sized pull out couch, but even my comfy bed at home wasn't cutting it this week. 

Best moment this week: Even though the bed was uncomfortable, I loved our sleep overs in the shack :) We had microwave dinner and watched a movie, oh-so-cute :P

What I miss: Sleeping through the night without having to pee. On location the shack didn't have a bathroom, so instead of walking across the yard to the bathroom, I just popped a squat in the nearest dark place. It was quite a shocker having to go out in the middle of the night in winter. (You know, during our one actual cold week we've had this year.)

Movement: Lots and lots this week. He's been kicking up top lately (I think he's flipped and has his head down and legs up by my ribs now). I also felt his first jabs to my ribs, that naughty boy. Those dont' feel good and I've had to keep my hand pushed on my ribs so he can't get his feet up there. He's also got the hiccups down :)

Food cravings: Diet Coke. 

Making me queazy: Nothing.

Starting to show: Yessir. More and more random people are asking me when I'm due.

Gender: Sweet baby boy. 

Happy or moody: Happy. :)

Things I've been experiencing this week: Rib jabbing, shortness of breath, loss of core strength resulting in a more difficult time getting up from a laying position. Those are the not so fun things. But I've also been feeling little hiccups. And this week I've felt a little closer to our little guy - being able to interact with him and "discipline" him for the first time by pushing him away from my ribs has been kind of fun, in a way. I jumped one time from a big kick that hurt me and Scott asked if he needed to spank him :)
I constantly day dream about him and what he'll look like and sound like and how he'll smell. Three months sometimes seems like an eternity. 
  • It was so, so nice to click on "Third Trimester" on thebump.com when searching for this week's information :)
  • This was a fun little experience yesterday - Scott and I went to the dentist for cleanings. Well about halfway through I started getting hot, so I asked to sit up to take off my sweater. That helped for about 2 minutes but then I started getting sweaty and wet and my vision started to blurr. So I asked to sit up because I wasn't feeling good... I sat up and had to just sit there while she brought me some water. I almost passed out, or at least puked all over the dentist lady. I'm guessing it was just because I was on my back too long and it lessened my blood flow... Not cool.
  • Oh yeah, and the receptionist at the dentist said, "You're 7 months?! You don't look it, you're hiding it well." I almost blurted out, "Have you seen this thing?!?!"
What I'm looking forward to: Having the hubby home :) Which means we can put the shelves in Baby K's open closet and put the crib together! 

Size of baby: A rutabaga. Don't know what that is? Me either. Apparently he's putting on layers of fat and is 1.5-2.5 pounds and about 15 inches. 

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh remember those days of feeling like you're gonna pass out!! Hate it, cuz you just have to sit there and hope it goes away! Looking so cute!

Anonymous said...

Haha... I rounded with a doc & his PA this week on the ortho floor at the hospital. I guess the PA and his wife are trying for a baby... Anyway! He saw me and said, "WOW! You're about to pop!" I was like, "Not for three months, Mark!" LOL. He looked so embarrassed. I thought it was funny because most people tell me I'm super small for 7 months (I totally disagree; I feel HUGE).

You're looking great. :) I'm happy we are having a girl, but I was really looking forward to having a baby boy. I'm really enjoying your updates and posts about your son's stuff because it's giving me ideas for #2 when the time comes (if it's a boy)!

Post a Comment