Columns

Recent Posts

Friday, October 28, 2011

Week 15

This photo got pushed back a little...
taken at 15 weeks 2 days... but you get the jist.


How far along: 14 weeks 6 days (When I wrote this two days ago. I wanted to get a pic but that might have to be a little later...)

Total weight gain: 4.5 pounds

Maternity clothes: Just pants - leggings and my trusty mat jeans. Otherwise its sweats at home and regular jeans with a hair tie through the button hole.

Sleep: Good besides those darn bathroom breaks... twice a night :(  Scott has been home - I always sleep good when he's here to snuggle with. 

Best moment this week: Driving in the pickup with Scott resting his hand on my belly. (A whole post will be dedicated to that story soon.)

What I miss: Not feeling like a bloated cow. Seriously... I'm excited for the belly, just not all this extra air...

Movement: I don't think so. 

Food cravings: FOOOOOD. I downed a box of Frosted Mini Wheats in three days - a feat that usually takes a few months. 

Making me queazy: Nothing. Oh, and I like coffee again! But I can tell I've been off it for a while - a small cup is about all I can handle. But oh, does it taste wonderful.

Starting to show: Yeah, not too much that many people notice though. In the morning I lay in bed and feel my stomach - its this nice, hard little bump. It's the best part of the whole day :)

  • Note: I haven't mentioned this before but some areas started "showing" much earlier than my belly. My boobs have about doubled in size, and let me tell you - for this lady, who is... challenged, we'll say... in the chest area, this has been a welcomed part of pregnancy for both mom and dad! :)
Gender: Will know in about 5 weeks!

Happy or moody: Happy, but I did have a freaky emotional day yesterday. I was crabby then overwhelmed and started crying. But then Scott turned over in bed and pulled me close and I forgot all about my hormone episode. 

Things I've been experiencing this week: I got weirdly dizzy one day. I came home and did dishes... I think it was a combination of two layers of shirts and my warm socks and then my hands in the hot water but I got light headed and craved sweets. So I chowed 3 Hershey with toffee bites. I don't know what that was about. 

  • [New Challenge] Learning to wait. I read some delivery stories and watched Up All Night (hilllllarious this week) and now I just cannot wait to hold and cuddle and touch my babies cheek to my own. I hope this pregnancy speeds up <3

What I'm looking forward to: The doctor's appointment on Monday. And to start the nursery and the process of buying everything baby needs/should have/is too cute to pass up.

Size of baby: The size of a naval orange.

1 comments:

Sara said...

Oh I am so excited for you!! I remember all of those days just like they were yesterday...just remember nothing is strange when it comes to pregnancy! Your body goes through SO many strange changes...every time I had something different happen I would run to my book and check if it was ok...and usually it was!! Enjoy!! And it's definitely worth every pain and discomfort when you hold that little cutie close to you!

Post a Comment