Columns

Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Butchin' up the nursery

So I got to spend last week with my hubby in Williston, N.D. (he is a fishing tool consultant in the oil field - don't know what that means? neither do I really - he fixes things when they loose tools in the well hole). 

Two evenings we bought some food and grilled out in the shop for everyone. While I was waiting for him to be done loading some tools, this pegboard caught my eye. 



I have this one wall in the nursery that is awkward because the door opens up to it, leaving no room for any piece of furniture or shelving, really. So I thought a pegboard would be a nice space saver. 

I like the "manliness" of a pegboard, especially the one in the shop at Scott's work. I love that there is a plain clock and some makeshift shelving. I'd like to add some wire baskets for misc. things and stuffed animals and pegs for spare blankets and cute little hooded baby towels, spaces to hold some books and some fun framed goodies. I'd also paint it... possibly brown?

These are a few pegboard ideas I really like from Pinterest:




My sister found this on Pinterest: 


How freaking cool is that?!





2 comments:

Linda said...

Cool high chair. Would come in handy when going to grandma's or some place where they don't have a chair already. The peg board idea is a neat. It would "grow" with him too and when he gets older he can put school papers on i t.

emily said...

I think pegboards are the way to go! So versatile and manly! :)

Post a Comment