Columns

Recent Posts

Monday, January 2, 2012

Week 24



How far along: 24 weeks 3 days --- a tad late on this posting due to lots of family time this week

Total weight gain: I'm assuming 15 +- pounds, I'll find out for sure tomorrow at my 6 month check up.

Maternity clothes: Yes, same as usual - all pants need to be maternity or else super stretchy. But one sad thing has happened - my favorite pair of maternity jeans are getting a tad tight :( Also, some of my long tank tops are riding up and showing my tummy. I'm feeling the pressure of this growing belly.

Sleep: Actually can't complain about sleep lately. And I spent four days at my aunts, sleeping on her couch and air mattress, so I'm thankful for staying up late and passing out the minute I hit the pillow. 

Best moment this week: Definitely snuggling with my new baby cousin (2nd cousin, actually.) My cousin Jon and his wife Tanya came to the farm with their 2-year-old girl and 5-day-old baby boy, William, who was born on Dec. 23. I got to learn how to change a baby boys diaper and not get peed on, and how to be around a baby again (it's been about 11 years since my close family has had a baby in N.D.) William just made me swoon - he is perfect in just every way. Now I've just got terrible baby fever - I cannot wait for Baby K to be here! I wish I could just hibernate the next few months away :)
AND THIS: My cousin Tim, who lives in Florida now, surprised us all and came home for the week!!! It was sooooo nice to have him home and hang out with him. 

What I miss: Bending over like a normal person. 

Movement: Lots and lots. Baby K seems to like Tim - every time he'd put his hand on my stomach the baby would kick :) And when I'd hold William, Baby K would sometimes kick at him :) They'll be good buddies. 

Food cravings: I've been doing very good lately :) Besides the millions of holiday cookies I downed. 

Making me queazy: Nothing.

Starting to show: Yes. "When's your baby due?" asked the cashier the other day. 

Gender: BOY!

Happy or moody: Happy :) (Can you tell by the million :)'s I've typed in this post??!)

Things I've been experiencing this week: Low abdomen pain and soreness. Baby K is so low that my belly is more egg-shaped than soccer ball-shaped, so I feel a lot of pressure on my low stomach throughout the day and wake up being sore. I cannot imagine what will come in these next 16 weeks.
ALSO my cousins helped me start my registry online at Target, so that was fun to get some of those things decided -- so, so thankful for the advice from a second-time mama like Tanya. 

What I'm looking forward to: The doctor appointment tomorrow, even though it'll be quick. Also, I can't wait to keep sewing things for my baby boy :) I made the cutest knot hat  and some burp clothes this week. Can't wait to do the other projects on my list when my sister comes in a few days. AND I can't wait to see my sexy hubby. He went back to work almost a week ago and I miss his face and snuggles. 

Size of baby: Still a papaya. I think about 12 inches :) What a big boy.




2 comments:

Sara said...

You are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Have you done your glucose test yet? I had mine today at my 24 week check up. Wasn't too awful! Choking down the last sip was the worst part. Oh, and waiting for the blood work! They let me choose lemon-lime or fruit punch (I chose lemon-lime).

Post a Comment