Columns

Recent Posts

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Week 26

Weeks aren't as cool without Lindsay's photos.
How far along: 25 weeks 6 days 

Days to due date: 14 weeks 1 day

Total weight gain: Guessing around 18-19 pounds. This creeping number freaks me out sometimes.

Maternity clothes: Yes. I'm still sad about my favorite pair of maternity jeans getting too tight around my belly. I've been having to wear the elastic band folded down so my belly doesn't look like it has a seam in it :P

Sleep: Can't complain too much. I've been with Scott at work, living in his pickup while on jobs and I actually slept great in there! The problem is laying stretched out - apparently this belly doesn't allow that anymore. 

Best moment this week: Being with my husband at work. It's nice to actually "live" with him instead of be at home waiting for him. 

What I miss: Probably just sleeping like a normal person.

Movement: More and more going on in there :) There's been some heavy "swishing" instead of just thumping kicks and pounds. I also think I felt hiccups for the first time today! It's a funny feeling and I keeping thinking of my new cousin William and how he looked hiccuping at 6 days old and picturing Baby K doing the same thing. Oh, and Baby K has started to LOVE kicking mama's insides. Not cool, kid. 

Food cravings: None, really. That quart of chocolate milk sure was satisfying the other day, though. 

Making me queazy: Nothing.

Starting to show: Yes. The jacket I've been wearing is creeping up a lot more than usual. Might have to retire it here soon. 

Gender: Sweet baby boy. 

Happy or moody: Happy. :)

Things I've been experiencing this week: Lots-o-heartburn. Up until now I've just been sucking it up until it goes away (it's the worse when I lay down.) But I gave in yesterday and bought Tums. I hate Tums. I usually swallow those large chalky things whole. 

What I'm looking forward to: I love, love being at work with Scott, but I'm looking forward to getting home to do more sewing projects. AND, next week my bff Lisa and I are making a trip to Fargo to have a girls night out with our other bffs Tiffany and Jackie :) I wanted all of us to get together and go out before I break our little pact and become the first to be a mama. Oh, and I get to see my beautiful sister, of course, and go to Forever 21 (oh, how I've missed our random shopping sprees.) AND, moving into the third (and FINAL) trimester!
  • Alphamom says that from now on, I'll be gaining a 1/2 inch belly size. EACH WEEK. Now, I've always wanted to be pregnant and have a big huge belly, but that seems crazy! I've still got a long ways to go and I think my belly is pretty large already!

Size of baby: An eggplant size -  13.5-15 inches and 1.5-2.2 pounds. Apparently his little eyes are open now :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Erica....You make me smile.
*I'm still praying for that little guy. :)
Vickie

Sara said...

Oh that heartburn is nasty!! Don't know if it works for everyone but eating grapes helped me A LOT! ;)

Kate said...

Looking good mama!

Post a Comment