Columns

Recent Posts

Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 27


 

I've got a nice basketball in there!

How far along: 27 weeks 3 days --- very late with this post, sorry.

Days to due date: 12 weeks 4 day ---- whoaaaa!!!

Total weight gain: I'll guess 21+- pounds. 

Maternity clothes: Yessir.

Sleep: Been pretty good this week. Minus attempting to sleep in a sitting position because of a stuffy nose. Our house is sooo dry. Getting a humidifier for our bedroom this weekend.

Best moment this week: Sewing, sewing, sewing for Baby K! I got all the things I wanted done for the diaper bag, and diaper bag came in the mail, too!! So I have it all packed (yeah, I'm a dork). And girls days in Fargo (more on that later.)

What I miss: Not having a constant stuff nose. Painless, non-uncomfortable nights.

Movement: Yep - quieter this week, but moving all around. 

Food cravings: Apparently everything this week. Any commercial on TV makes me want to eat the product. I made honey butter (bad idea) and almost ate a whole role of buiscuts with it. 

Making me queazy: Nothing.

Starting to show: Yep. This belly button keeps getting smaller and smaller. 

Gender: Sweet baby boy. 

Happy or moody: Happy. :)

Things I've been experiencing this week: Having a hard time breathing sometimes, especially in certain positions. I've also been having super vivid, weirdo dreams. 
AND, my belly gets lopsided at times and protrudes out in little places from a head or a little butt or footsie :) When I try to lift up my shirt to watch, he stops, that little bugger. I love seeing him move. 
  • Alphamom.com says: "May notice more of that pesky round ligament pain as your belly gets harder and bigger and rounder, or as it starts to dip down a little bit, looking a little less perky and cute than it did a few weeks ago."  -- I'm constantly sore in my lower pelvis area. My belly is a funny shape, I think. It's more of an egg than a soccer ball. I feel like I'm carrying low, too - like it hasn't filled all the way up yet (probably do to my rock hard upper abs... maybe not). But I'm looking forward to a full out found belly as it continues to expand. 
What I'm looking forward to: Well, I had a lovely girls weekend in Fargo a few days ago :) I should have posted this before we left, but I didn't get the photo in time. It was sooo much fun --- shopping, eating too much and pedicures. Oh, and wedding dress shopping for my best friend's wedding next January!! It was soooo nice to hang out with everyone. 

Size of baby: A slightly larger eggplant than last week or a head of cauliflower - 15 inches and over 2 pounds! 

4 comments:

Kate said...

I feel relieved reading this that I'm not the only one having breathing difficulties! I've also had a stuffy nose/cold so I feel your pain.
Looking great!!!

Anonymous said...

Breathing difficulties = story of my life for the past 15 weeks or so! Hope it gets better for you... unfortunately it's warmed up here in Florida and the pollen has come to play!

I think you have a nice round belly! :) I actually thought you were carrying high, lol. I guess it's very subjective!

Linda said...

Erica, you are simply beautiful! Hope that basketball turns into a great little basketball player some day. lol You definately look like you're having a boy.

Jessica said...

I have the breathing difficulties & stuffy nose as well... it doesn't get much better towards the end unfortunately! :( In regards to your comment on my blog... I need to post some of my favorite goodies for BOYS! Here are a few that I had saved just in case - trust me there is way cute baby boy stuff out there! :) Not to mention, the baby Gap boy stuff that is currently out is seriously to die for. Happy Shopping!!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/64796980/the-original-top-gun-aviator-sunglasses

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83427134/despicable-me-minion-earflap-hat

http://www.etsy.com/listing/53435451/giraffe-hat-baby-hat-animal-hat-crochet?ref=sr_gallery_7&sref=&ga_search_query=giraffe+hat&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Post a Comment