Columns

Recent Posts

Monday, April 23, 2012

Oh, baby.

I had no idea, nor could I ever have guessed, what being a mom and bringing a little man home for the first time and being the wife of a new daddy and sleeping (or lying awake) with a cooing (sometimes squawking) baby monitor would be like. It's overwhelming and so sweet and challenging and compassionate and difficult and wonderful and purpose driven and so full of love it breaks my heart open. We are blessed.

(Go to A Little Pause's blog for newborn photos of Jack)

Aunt Lindsay and grandma Shelly got this puppy dog for Jack on the day he was born. Daddy likes Jack to be able to snuggle up to him in his bassinet in the hospital. The puppy I'm naming "Brownie" also keeps baby company at nap time. 

Looking lovely after two days of no shower, laboring for about 12 hours, having a c-section, and 24 hour bed rest. Scott wanted a picture of us with his Vision jacket to send to everyone at his work. 
This brings tears of absolute joy to my heart. I love them so much. 

My little snuggle bug this morning. It looks like the blanket is over his nose, but it's not - just keeping him nice and warm. His nose seems to always be a little chilly. 

The Today show just wasn't appealing to him this morning. 

Grandma Shelly holding Jack in the hospital. 

I love this :)
Jack in his "going home" outfit, all strapped into his car seat for the first time. He was nice and snug.  Thankfully there was enough room for his chubby cheekies. 

The Kingston family. 

Sometime Jack is wide awake. 

And sometimes he conks out. 




3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, this makes me so excited! It's such a special time for you. I love his going home outfit. Super stylish!

Linda said...

Okay, now that I've wiped the tears away maybe I can type!

I love the family picture. I love ALL the pictures. What a special time this is. Brings back memories of when we brought the kids home. It is overwhelming at first, but then you get the hang of things and the fun takes over.

Can't wait to see Jack in person. Let us know when you're in town.

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie pie :)

Post a Comment