Columns

Recent Posts

Friday, April 13, 2012

Week 39



And here is the 360* view of this full term, ready to pop chicki:




How far along: 39 weeks

Days to due date: 9 days until due date, 12 until induction date :)

Total weight gain: 38 pounds...

Maternity clothes: My two tank tops, a large sweatshirt I stole back from my sister and sweats. I will NOT be wearing jeans anymore. Not worth it. Pants in general don't seem to be worth it. 

Best moment this week: Just watching his little (BIG) movements in my belly. 

What I miss: Being able to roll over in bed with ease.  

Movement: Lots of rolling and poking of feet and hands and knees. I love it. I've been imagining my actual tiny baby inside there for the first time - weird, I know. But a real, live, squishy, adorable baby. My own.  He is so close to being here, he seems more real everyday.  

Food cravings: Still ice water. And Dole fruitcups with peaches in strawberry jello. 

Making me queasy: The fish I made the other night about made me puke. I've been feeling sick more often, just at random times. 

Starting to show: This thing keeps growing and growing. 

Gender: A sweet baby boy. 

Happy or moody: Happy. With some edginess thrown in the mix. 

Things I've been experiencing this week: It's been another quiet week. I seem to have gotten a fresh outlook on pregnancy - probably because I'm oh-so-close to being done. People have been so nice to me. Just this week the guy at O'Reily's auto parts found all the oil and filters I needed and loaded them in my pickup. A lady at Verizon took extra good care of me so I wouldn't have to make another trip. A man at a gas station struck up conversation with me to ask questions and wish me luck. I love when my belief in the goodness of people proves true.

Other than that, I've just had general discomfort. I feel like I've hit a wall this week. I have crampy feelings and my stomach just generally hurts and my back is in pain. But hey, I'll take this a million times if it means we are that much closer to our baby boy.

Last week at my doctor appointment I was 1 cm dialated! Not much, but I'll take what I can get! Today she said nothing had changed (booooo). Baby K's heart rate was perfect but my blood pressure was high. So they checked again and it was still high. I'm going back in on Monday to check for pre-eclampsia.

AND, on a super happy note, our friends Shana and Joey had their sweet little girl on April 11! I am sooo happy for them because Piper Willow has been long-awaited. Hearing about the baby and Shana's labor was such a fun part of this week. 

What I'm looking forward to: Labor signs. COME ON BABY!!!

Size of baby: A wintermelon. (Where do these fruits come from?)



Here are a few bloopers from today's photobooth shoot. Apparently I was having troubles, ha!



4 comments:

Kate said...

We're sooooo close!
I hope i get some more cm's down when I have my check up this week... would be nice to have a few done before d-day. hehe!
Good luck girl (if you don't make it to next week)

Anonymous said...

Man, I was hoping you were in labor when I didn't see a post all day long. ;)

So close! I hope your check up goes well on Monday.

emily said...

Almost there!!! Enjoy these last few days and get as much sleep as possible...ha! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm probably just being one of those crazy people we encounter on a regular basis, but I feel like if you haven't already started laboring/had your baby, you are going to soon (induction aside). I don't know why... Maybe wishful thinking? :)

Post a Comment