Columns

Recent Posts

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week 21

Photos by L.J. Photography

How far along: 21 weeks 1 day (writing a little late this time)

Total weight gain: 10+- pounds

Maternity clothes: Yes - just for bottoms though, really. I wear a lot of tank tops layered with my normal shirts. And I've been living in sweats lately.

Sleep: Gotten better lately, partially because I've just learned to sleep through the night on my sides. Sleeping on my back mainly just hurts, it feels like baby is just pushing on every other part of my insides. Plus it makes it feel like I have to pee more, and I try to keep my nightly trips to the bathroom to a minimum - that's the most annoying part of being pregnant. 

Best moment this week: Some big kicks this week! I was sitting watching Cowboys & Aliens and our baby boy was kicking something fierce! I had my arms crossed on the top of my stomach and there were some big kicks and swooshes. I just sat there and giggled. 
  • And this: My husband always puts his hand on my belly - he's getting pretty excited now that I'm getting chubbier. Sometimes we are driving and he'll keep his hand on my belly the whole time. The ultrasound made this all so much more real to us, it's so much fun :)
What I miss: I still worry about consuming too much coffee. And as I was eating the yummy cheese ball my mom brought this weekend for Christmas, I remembered I wasn't supposed to eat soft cheese like that. :( Bummer, it was soooo good. 

Movement: Yes - it's getting to be more and more. LOVE it. 

Food cravings: This week it's been strawberries with that cream cheese fruit dip. It defeats the purpose of eating fruit, but it is sooo darn good and satisfied my sweet tooth. 

Making me queazy: Nothing.

Starting to show: Yes.

Gender: Baby is a BOY!

Happy or moody: Happy :) It's been soooo fun to get into little boy mode. 

Things I've been experiencing this week: Just noticing the belly a lot lately. Shirts don't fit quite right anymore. I had some fierce back pain today... that was not fun. And I'm a bottomless pit, I don't ever really feel full, or if I do I get over it within 20 minutes and I could go for another meal again. And my bely button is getting smaller and smaller. Oh, and I gave into some good Old Navy sales and bought a few teensy tiny little boy clothes :)

What I'm looking forward to: Rearranging my thoughts of the nursery to "boy" and getting it all started. We bought the chair for the room the other day and I love it in there - it's so comfy, can't wait to rock my baby in it. 

Size of baby: The size of a banana.






BLOOPER!!
As we were taking pictures, our dog, Tag, got in the picture
while taking a bathroom brake in the yard. Haha! We laughed
pretty hard when going through and editing the photos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment