Columns

Recent Posts

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Week 23


How far along: 22 weeks 6 days

Total weight gain: 14+- pounds

Maternity clothes: Sweats, maternity jeans and leggings and long tank tops with open sweaters. Belly's getting large. 

Sleep: This week has been h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e. I got maybe one good nights sleep, but that included waking up to pee and not falling asleep for a long time after. I've just been so darn uncomfortable and I'm barely over half done! Hoping it settles down a bit so I can get a few good nights in a week.

Best moment this week: Scott and I are using his name more and more (which will remain a secret, for the most part, until he comes!). It's fun and makes things more real and definite. 

What I miss: Sleeping on my back and stomach. Having a pain-free back, which includes everything from putting on my jeans without pain to getting out of our overstuffed chair with ease. 

Movement: Yes - he's getting pretty predictable on his little schedule.

Food cravings: Been doing good on the cravings this week. Just been stuffing my face with the readily-available Christmas cookies my mother-in-law brought. 

Making me queazy: Nothing.

Starting to show: Yes.

Gender: Baby boy 

Happy or moody: Happy :)

Things I've been experiencing this week: Back pain. Up the wazoo. And just general aches and pains that I never had before this growing belly. Also the other day when we were changing the outlets in Baby K's room, I got this overall pain in my abdomen/pelvis area -- I've had that happen twice before, but usually at night. I'm pretty sure it's Braxton Hicks contractions. TheBump.com says that they should be relatively painless, but mine were definitely noticeable!
  • Scott's parents have been here this week so we got Baby K's room painted!! We also put new outlets in. Thanks for the help, guys!
What I'm looking forward to: Getting the crib! Ordered it this week, finally. And my bff Tiffany is coming to stay for a few days, my sister too later on, so I plan on putting them to work helping me decorate baby's room! Also, we are getting carpet put in all the three bedrooms upstairs and the downstairs living room - that'll be nice to be able to put rooms back together and situated. 

Size of baby: The size of a papaya.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! Cute baby bump. :)

Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery! Our baby room is super tiny too. I love to sit in there and just imagine life 4 months from now. We call the baby by her name now too! It isn't a secret though. :)

Post a Comment