Columns

Recent Posts

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mama bird

I've been wanting to get my baby's nursery done for the last... umm... 8.5 months. And it's still just a room where I put the things I get and make for Baby K while we wait on the carpet guys to get going.

But lately I've felt like a psychotic bird getting every little branch and twig ready for her little birdies. With washing all his clothes and then we got the pack n' play in the mail the other day - I set it up today and it's adorable and cuddly and sweet. It doesn't help that I spent 2 hours in Hobby Lobby just walking around gathering ideas and supplies for a few projects.

Although Baby K's room isn't done, here are a few pictures of what I've been working on. In a few weeks the carpet will (FINALLY) be in and I'll have my sister and bff Jackie's help putting all together. I can't wait!!!

The chair I'll be spending lots o' time in and a few blankets and pillows I finished the other day.  (See our need for new carpet??)

I wrapped cardboard letters of Baby K's name in yarn. They will go above the chair in his room. Here are just two of the letters so far in the wooden frames. This is probably my favorite part of the room so far :)

 The playpen that I put together all by myself :) It's in the basement now, but I'm thinking Baby K will be sleeping in this in our room when he first arrives. It seems pretty handy with the little baby bed (that you can take out and put on the floor) and the changing pad thing all in one. With our bed being pretty high, it'll be just the right hight. 

3 comments:

Kate said...

It's so much fun putting together a nursery, isn't it? I've had so much fun coming up with ideas and going shopping for little girly things. I bet you just can't wait to get started.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was as creative as you! I love the pillows and letters. So cute, Erica!

emily said...

Looove the letters! So cute!!

Post a Comment