Columns

Recent Posts

Friday, March 9, 2012

Week 34


Baggy sweats and a tank top. Because I'm
sick and these hormones are making me
all hot and sweaty. Yummmm. 


How far along: 34 weeks

Days to due date: 42 days!

Total weight gain: I think 29 pounds. I think that's what the scale said at the walk-in clinic yesterday. I'll find out for sure on Monday at my OB appointment. 

Maternity clothes: Yes. I am so, so, so thankful for the one pair of maternity jeans that fit me just right are are as comfy as all the sweats I wear the other days of the week. 

Sleep: Quite the roller coaster. But not because of my growing baby. This week I came down with this n.a.s.t.y. head cold and terrible chest congestion. Turns out I could possibly have some sort of pneumonia :( I wheeze constantly, even at the shallowest breaths. I've slept on the couch most nights propped up so I can breathe. I know I shouldn't complain, but it's been such a challenge. I'm so thankful Baby K was being good and pregnancy was good to me and let me take the week off to focus on getting better. 

Best moment this week: Scott and I on the couch, his hand on my belly and him saying after some kicks, "Honey, (-insert Baby name here-)'s talking to me." 

What I miss: Right now just not being sick anymore. It's been two weeks but if feels like an eternity. 

Movement: Yep. The lumps in my belly seem to be staying longer. I usually have this large protrusion on my right side near my ribs. Baby K's little butt, maybe? :)

Food cravings: Lovin' me some pears. And large amounts of water. 

Making me queasy: Nothing.

Starting to show: Yesss. Everyone seems to comment on this big baby belly lately.  

Gender: A sweet baby boy. 

Happy or moody: Kind of crabby. I wheeze when I talk, so I have just been trying to avoid talking to anyone. 

Things I've been experiencing this week: Besides the sick thing, I want to say that maybe, possibly, (I really am not sure) that baby has "dropped." The only reason I'm guessing that is because I dont have the enormous pressure on my lungs, causing me to not be able to breathe good.  I don't think I feel him any further down in my pelvis, but it seems he's not as far up anymore. But who knows, I've never done this before. 

AND I've had some blurry vision. It seems to take longer to focus on some things really close up.

What I'm looking forward to: The OB appointment on Monday. And the breast feeding class with my bff Lisa on Tuesday :) 

Size of baby: A durian, apparently. Never heard of one of these:


2 comments:

emily said...

I hate you're feeling bad. Hope you feel better soon.

Kate said...

Arn't those lumps of movement so strange? I thought my baby's foot was going to come right out my belly the other day. Must be getting cramped in there! Sorry you feeling sick. :( At least it will all be over soon. :)

Post a Comment