Columns

Recent Posts

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Baby Shower in Gackle - 3.18.12

My mom and best friend Lisa helped throw me and baby a shower in Gackle, my hometown. Mom and I had a lot of fun getting everything ready, especially decorating the baby bottle cookies :) 

Baby K got a lot of nice loot and we had fun and ate some really delicious food. 


After the presents came. 

We had the guests write little messages on diapers for Scott and I's entertainment while changing his diapers. 

My bff Tiffany and I smelling the "dirty" diapers to figure out what kind of candy bar had been melted in it. Some looked pretty gross. 

My mama and me. 



My grandma trying to figure out how big my belly was. She was like two feet too big!


Autumn, the grand daughter to one of the guests, came up to help me with presents. 

The cutest little bibs outfit from Tiffany :)

My grandma Knoblich made this quit for our baby boy out of my dad's old flannel shirts. Tears came down right away, things like that just break me down so fast. I'm SO happy my baby will have something of his grandpas. I can't wait to tell him how much his Grandpa Jon would have loved him to death. 

A few tears. Grandma also made a pillow out of the flannel. 

The best part of the shower :) Cookies on top of champagne glasses filled with milk, frozen fruit cups and mini cheese cakes. Sooo good. 



My cousin's boy, William, was dedicated later on that day. Here he is in his studly little man suit. 
My cousin Jonny, his daughter Mabelyn and son William, Grandma Betty, my Aunt Sheila and Jon's wife Tanya. 

2 comments:

emily said...

The cookie/milk idea is adorable! Looks like your little one sure is loved.

You look wonderful. I love your dress.

Kate said...

Aww! Baby showers are the best. We also guessed my belly size at my shower and NOBODY guessed less then my real size. haha!
That quilt that your grandma made is so special. Really brought a tear to my eye especially since I lost my dad only 2 weeks ago and hate that he will never meet his grandchild.
Not long now :)

Post a Comment