Columns

Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My excitement the last few days

So, I've been kicking butt and taking names on the home front this week! I finally unloaded the two suitcases from my trip to Wisconsin (only took me, what, two weeks? but hey, I've been gone most of that time in Williston), the small one with the clean clothes I came back with and the HUGE one full of baby shower gifts. Oh, and cleaned our entire house from top to bottom.

I sorted the clothes by months, added the ones people had previously given us to the mix and started laundry. Why can't doing my own laundry be that adorable!?

Then, I sorted the clothes again (a little dryer mix up), folded all those tiny little onsies and soft flannel blankets and boxed them up for now. Baby's nursery isn't done yet... waiting on the guys to come put carpet in and then I can FINALLY move into the room and FULLY nest to my little heart's content :)

Later I whipped the sewing machine out and got on an amazing roll. In two days I finished three blankets I've been meaning to get to, another set of mittens and a top knot hat, put velcro on a bib I had done before, and sewed some hems into some extra flannel I had for some under-his-little-butt-clothes to save on washing the changing pad cover so much. Then threw them in the wash so they smell nice and yummy like babies from the Dreft :)

My mother-in-law sent the car seat we recieved from some friends in Wisconsin but I couldn't take back on the train. So I got that all set up, screwed around with the latches to get a little used to them and put the oh-so-soft "baby sleeping bag" thing in. Its now all ready to be snapped in the pickup for arrival day!

After the past two days I am more ready than ever to get this pregnancy thing over and have our baby with us at home. I absolutely cannot wait to snuggle into the nursery and change him 17 times a day in those sweet little soft outfits and be a family of three on the couch in the evenings.

Cook a little longer, little guy, but then come as soon as you want. Because mama and daddy are all ready for those sleepless nights and hours and hours of snuggling.

xoxo,
-mama

1 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! You really have been busy. Baby things are soooo much fun. Take pictures of him in each of those 17 outfits a day. He'll outgrow those little clothes faster than you think.

Post a Comment